Saturday, July 12, 2014

Santana: Messi looks like a plumber

Carlos Santana has a global music sensation, who has performed for almost half a century, the world delight crowds with his own brand of Latin-infused rock and spelling binding traveled guitar solos. Born in Mexico, before much of his life in the United States, the man is known as one of the greatest guitarists ever onstage before millions of football fans around the world before 2014 FIFA World Cup leaving final Brazil ™. Before his performance, he sat down with FIFA.com , football, to talk music and why he admires Lionel Messi.

FIFA.com: Are your earliest memories of football, what Carlos?
Carlos Santana:
Oh, in Autlán, Jallisco, where I was born, there were two things that were important to me: football and Toros - Bull fight. It was the first time I saw so many people in the city, the four or five hours away from Guadalajara, so football and Los Toros were the first things I remember as large events myself, when I was a kid.

Have you been the World Cup enjoyed while you here in Brazil?
It is incredible to see the concentration and determination the passion. Something supernatural happens. It is wonderful to see, a global event with some many people emotionally invested. It is a beautiful thing to see people and unity. We want unity and harmony in this beautiful game and good luck.

Which player has attracted your attention?
At the moment I Messi has a mystique about him think he has the thing road [football]. I don't think he even really looks as a footballer he looks like a plumber to me! It is as much a compliment, because if he concentrated, I admire the gift he has. Because it is a God-given gift in the upper echelons of the greatest [players].

You were born in Mexico, but spent a large part of your life in the United States have. Who do you support when the two play?
I rather support much, while America Mexico, because it a new team and something new for them. I grew up mostly with tennis and basketball. Because of basketball and Arthur Ash tennis because Dr. J (Julius Irving). Now there are five teams, the I root: Mexico, Brazil, Cameroon, Spain and United States.

It for you at the final carry meaning?
It is a great pleasure. I am very grateful. I play soccer itself, but what we know is very powerful, because we learned an energy that we bring a long time ago by Woodstock, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye and John Lennon. We represent this energy. If we do not we play lip. It is not made of plastic or cute. It's not Hollywood. I'm from the ghetto, so when we play, feel a different kind of supernatural power. We're so many. Not only in Mexico, not just America, we represent the entire family on this planet.

With this passion that you show how played play at the Maracana compare with other places that you have?
It's like the Vatican of football. This is my third time to play and something happens here, where it seems like heaven and Earth [gather], with the energy inside.

Finally, who do you the final will win?
I think Germany will win. I would like to see Argentina win, because I live in America, but it's not going to happen. It is not impossible, but it is not likely. It is not impossible, because I because Messi love, but my German brethren - we are all family an additional element of clarity and concentration. , If they play really fast you must think more slowly, such as musicians, but if you play slow, you have to think really fast. You understand that. Also the way how you breathe, operated not by the terror, it is not fear, it is not debilitating or stiff. Like when a woman has a baby they change their breathing and relax. At an event like the World Cup, you have to learn to breathe properly, or you'll get tired very easily. I think, my German brethren, who understand that. When I saw what they were doing in Brazil, [I saw that] they were a team and they are not subject of a superstar to win. They are a collective. It is very difficult to beat a team with superstars - the team always wins. This is my perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment